Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Finally...

I've been busy, and not on fun stuff like the motorcycle. I've finally got some time to get back to work on the bike and ordered some batteries.

I really, really wanted to get Sinopoly LFP60AHA(B) cells, and got some good quotes from Sinopoly, but just couldn't get a reasonable solution to importing and shipping them to Dallas. I ended up getting the new CALB CA60FI cells from Keegan at http://www.calibpower.com/

They arrived UPS Freight in two small crates shrink-wrapped on a pallet. I removed all the extra packing material and consolidated them down to one small crate for storage while I'm working.

Unfortunately, they neglected to ship the bus bars and bolts with the batteries, so I'm waiting on those to show up in the next day or two.

I ordered 48 cells, and plan on installing the best matched 36 of those in the bike. The other 12 will be used on various other projects. I'll update on the testing soon.

According to the CALB paperwork they all tested 65Ah to 67Ah. Two were 65Ah, 25 were 66Ah and 21 were 67Ah. The "Open Circuit Voltage" listed was 3.304v or 3.305v for 45 cells with two more at 3.306v and one at 3.309v.

No comments:

Post a Comment